Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under broad direction, coordinates with mentors and others on and/or frequently contributes to the chemical hygiene plan and the current HSE laboratory safety standards
- Active in the development of best safety practices in activities related to product design, development, manufacture, and use
- Applies theories, principles and practices to the research and development of new and improved products, processes and procedures
- Generally is responsible for R&D for Production and Stimulation Chemicals
- Generally is responsible for Sustaining Projects for Production and Stimulation Chemicals
- Performs routine research and experimentation at the direction of Scientific Leader, Scientific Advisor and Team Leaders
- Experience and knowledge base of both production and stimulation chemistries including respectively Flow Assurance, Phase Separation, Corrosion (Production), and surfactants, clay stabilizers, friction reducers, proppant transport, and potentially scale inhibitors and biocides (Stimulation).
- Specifically will have experience with lab testing and performance evaluations for both production and stimulation chemistries including respectively Flow Assurance, Phase Separation, Corrosion (Production), and surfactants, clay stabilizers, friction reducers, proppant transport, and potentially scale inhibitors and biocides (Stimulation).
- Document progress in laboratory notebooks, reports, procedures and designs
- Communicates frequently with technical client personnel
- Responds as directed by Scientific Leader, Scientific Advisor and Team Leaders to customers needs
- Participates in professional societies. Job role contributes directly to value creation
- Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering or similar discipline and 7 years of related experience.
- Completion of a masters or PHD in Science or Engineering is preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
15865 Intl Plaza Dr #200 , Houston , Texas , 77032-2594 , United States
Requisition Number: 70075
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.