Skills: Process Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kershaw, South Carolina, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Process Operations Technician
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship and best operating practices.
- Operates process equipment and systems according to standard operating procedures and / or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
- Troubleshoots plant operational problems, completing plant repairs and performs plant preventative maintenance duties.
- Reads meters and gauges, automatic recording devices or performs visual inspections at specified intervals to verify proper operating conditions.
- Records data such as production rates, inventory levels or other applicable data as required by the operation at which this position is assigned.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication and either reports data to appropriate personnel or performs necessary maintenance on subject equipment by tightening fittings, oiling and lubricating equipment, repacking bearings, gaskets, replacing or repairing conveyor components, gauges or other components or other maintenance operations applicable to the proper operation of the plant.
- Must show competency in operating fixed and mobile equipment.
- Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned.
TYPICAL END RESULTS:
- Strong behavior based safety culture with no reportable safety incidences or lost time accidents.
- No environmental non-compliance events or reportable spills.
- Clean and orderly work environment.
- Duties are performed in an efficient manner.
- Production and operational goals are met.
- Knowledge of industrial treatment processes is beneficial.
- Comfortable working with computers is beneficial.
- Knowledge of process control systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is beneficial.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Proven commitment to behavioral based safety culture.
- Able to assess problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
- Able to work within a team and work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively implement change.
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher education.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
Spencer Ogden recruits the best international talent across all energy sectors, providing industry leading services to our candidates at every stage of the project life cycle.
Our global network of international offices give you access to the world’s most exciting permanent, contract and temporary positions, offering a world of opportunity to our candidates.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in professional, proactive global energy recruitment – and our Oil & Gas team is no exception. Our managers have a wealth of experience both in recruitment and on-site, giving them the perfect insight and knowledge to understand your recruitment needs. We deliver worldwide across the upstream and downstream sectors to an award-winning standard - and it’s how we do it that makes all the difference.
To meet the challenges, we bring local knowledge with a global perspective and work within the political, geographical, social and cultural reality, not against it.
We also have a bespoke, end-to-end recruitment solution to overcome the challenges of mobilizing personnel into these harsh environments when needed. Wherever you are in the world we have comprehensive candidate care including an in-house team dedicated to our contractors.