Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a RMS Maintenance Tech for their facility located in Mont Belvieu, TX.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
This position will be responsible to work at the Mont Belvieu Complex as a Rotating Equipment Technician. Responsible for the installation/maintenance and proper function of mechanical equipment including; pumps, steam turbines, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, gear boxes, cooling fans, couplings, seals and all rotating equipment.
Technician will be required to safely perform structured preventative maintenance [PM] and corrective maintenance [CM] assignments using written job plans procedures, and completing work orders within the CMMS (MAXIMO) system
Must be proficient or have the ability to learn use of tools including; hydraulic torque wrenches, laser alignment, dial indicators, micrometers and other precision tools. Responsible for documentation of all repairs and maintaining critical spare parts inventories as required.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Plant equipment maintenance experience
• Ability to utilize interpersonal communication skills in order to interface with all affected crafts, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed manner
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, FRC).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to follow and adhere to all applicable safety regulations including, but not limited to, Targa's processes and procedures, Site Specific Rules, State and Federal regulations.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing; ability to lift, push/pull 50 pounds
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, sit and work with, and reach with hands and arms.
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software modules
• Experience working with a CMMS (SAP,MAXIMO)
• Related work experience preferred
• Laser Shaft Alignment
• Mechanical Seals
• Mechanical Governors
• Equipment Installation
• Pipe Fitting
• Ability to work with turbines, pumps, compressors, motors
• Tubing, cooling towers, all ancillary rotating equipment
• Procurement and Computerized Maintenance System
• Work with precision instruments
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience in mechanical maintenance within NGL or a Chemical facility
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.