Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Quality Control Specialists (TPI-Upstream Drilling and Completions)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only those that currently reside in Perth, WA will be considered. Applications are strictly confidential.
Roles & Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Witness inspections and testing per inspection test plans, quality plans, industry standards, supplier and customer requirements
· Verify inspection, measurement, and test equipment is calibrated/certified and meets all job related requirements
· Validate technician certification(s) are current for the intended scope of activity
· As the Customer Representative, work in a professional manner with Suppliers in regards to scheduling, deliveries, and overall job execution
· Generate reports documenting rejection and acceptance of inspections and testing activities
· Generate clear, concise, and accurate reports documenting rejection and acceptance of activities under surveillance
· Meet or exceed HSSE objectives of customer and Supplier, as well as Cardno PPI safety guidelines
· Communicate (via email or phone) job progression and inspection results to coordinator and Customer as required
· Promote safe work practices; for example, utilize all PPE required by the immediate work area, comply with Supplier safety practices while at Supplier locations, etc.
· Comply with Cardno PPI Quality Management System and its documented information
· Availability to travel as required
· Flexibility to work on multiple tasks without compromising results.
· Availability to work under stressful conditions
· Ability to communicate without confrontation
3.1 Minimum Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Level II NDT Certification(s) (from an accredited body) or completion of Level II NDT Training and compliance to Cardno PPI NDT Qualification Written Practice
· Technical understanding of operations within field of specialization (OCTG, Wellheads, Engineered Equipment, Drilling and Completion Tools, etc.)
· Thorough understanding of third-party inspection processes (NDE, FAT, Assembly, etc.)
· Understanding of and experience with industry quality standards and codes (API, ASNT, ASME, NACE, DS-1, etc.)
· Adequate verbal and written communication skills to interface with customers and co-workers
· Basic PC skills and some proficiency with spreadsheets
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and complete work on a schedule, including working long hours and weekends if necessary
· Decision-making ability, including making decisions regarding day-to-day operations and changing methods to obtain best results
3.2 Desired Qualifications
· American Welding Society (AWS) - Certified Welding Inspector certification
· American Standards of Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) Level II (MT/PT/UT/RT)
· National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) certification CIP Level II (or greater)
· ISO Lead Auditor
· API Q1/Q2 Experience
· 3-5 years of experience in a Third Party Inspection role.
· 12+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry
Technical understanding/experience disciplines
· Directional, Logging & Measurement Services
· Drilling Tools & Equipment
· Completions Services
· Tubular Running Services
· Slickline Services & Coil Tubing E-Line Equipment
· Wireline Logging Services
Cardno PPI, LLC is an energy industry–focused engineering, operations management and quality assurance firm that provides services around the world. A subsidiary of Australia-based professional services Cardno Ltd., Cardno PPI solves critical challenges for clients around the world, specializing in quality and consulting services; hands-on engineering, certification, and technical services; and technology development and resource management. The company has a mature inspection and audit reporting software solution that is used by its customers to extract key performance indicators for better business decision making.
Safety is a core value at Cardno PPI, and our Zero Harm safety program fosters an environment of clear accountability, shared responsibility, risk awareness and effective communication. Our program underpins all operations and is responsive to the needs of our customers.
At Cardno, we believe that what is good for people, communities, and the world we live in can also be good for shareholders. Every day, Cardno employees are Making a difference – putting our vision, purpose, and values into action.
Visit us on the Web at www.cardnoppi.com.