Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Brunei, Malaysia and Philippines (BMP) Attorney/Contract Analyst ('A/CA') serves as an integral member of the BMP Management Team with responsibility for ensuring the provision of professional legal assistance and advice in support of operations BMP business activities. The A/CA is charged with assisting with the management and resolution of BMP legal and client contract matters.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides overall legal advice to BMP Management and actively involved in BMP business plans, growth strategies and operations as part of the BMP Management Team;
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates legal and commercial documents;
- Handles commercial contracts and contract disputes;
- Reviews, proposes revisions, negotiates and drafts client contracts
- Ensures contractual risks are clearly identified and properly addressed in contractual provisions
- Effectively interacts with other BMP support functions and departments ensuring involvement in all matters that may give rise to legal exposure;
- Provides guidance and assistance to ensure all operations and business activities related to BMP are carried out in compliance with local laws and regulations and the Schlumberger Code of Conduct;
- Ensures the provision of legal and compliance training for operations, other functions and Management in BMP;
- Assists with litigation management
- Develops and implements specific procedures, guidelines and templates;
- Elevates key issues to management in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate principled leadership in negotiations with sound business ethics
Competencies to be kept current:
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Prior Schlumberger experience may include positions within operations or another segment and/or an assignment in a specialist domain (e.g. Intellectual Property, M&A, Compliance, Corporate, Litigation or Environmental law.)
- Fluent in English and Malay
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.