Skills: IT - Programming & Database, Project Management
Other Skills: Knowledge with data science and system engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a residential position based in main office with occasional offshore trips under the Field Operations Department.
- The Field Operations (FO) Applications Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Managing software implementation projects for Field Operations;
- Supporting and developing existing production operations management systems;
- Provide technical insight and improvement suggestions to the existing systems.
- Provide FOPS community with guidance and training on production operations management software to allow safe, efficient execution of their work;
- Contribute to FOPS systems roadmap with feedback on day-to-day issue troubleshooting, standard administration processes as well as ad-hoc modifications from users on production software tools;
- Functionally maintain and administer all the IT tools and systems used by Field Operations;
- Thorough functional understanding of all systems and workflows generating or consuming production data, from real-time process data historisation to shortfall management and performance reporting.
Production Data Management System:
- Maintain the data structure to allow the business to understand and consume production data and report it to internal and external stakeholders;
- Support, monitor and track issues related to production data consumption activities;
- Lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending and benchmarking data-centric technologies.
- Assist the business throughout implementation of improvement to the system in all phases: gap analysis, testing phase, change management to ease system adoption;
- Review technical application implementation to ensure requirements are fulfilled.
Production Operations Software:
- Monitor application usage and recurrent support issues to be able to provide and justify technical improvement suggestions;
- Maintain functionality, troubleshoot and track issues on all production operations management software tools to ensure efficient operation on and offshore.
- Provides a coherent view of the field performance through all application software's and visual dasboards
- Gradual integration of the existing dashboards and data visualization tools
- Ensure a strict control of the proliferation of software applications and data formats by developing a framework to host, QC and approve the developments of dashboards and data analysis and date visualization tools within Field Operations
Real Time systems:
- Maintain the data structure to allow the business to understand and consume real time production data;
- Support, monitor and track issues related to consumption of real time data;
- Assist the business throughout implementation of mobility solutions in all phases: SOR, screening solutions, roll-out, testing phase, change management to ease system adoption;
Maintain the interface with IT teams for the adjustment of existing software's applications and databases to accommodate changes in workflows and processes.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field such as data science, information technology, or computer science, or equivalent work experience;
- 5 years of combined operations / system engineering and project management experience.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Good understanding of upstream onshore/offshore operations and processing facilities;
- Practical knowledge of database and petroleum applications;
- Practical knowledge of real-time process data flows and systems (SCADA, historians);
- Ability to effectively present information
- Project experience with Microsoft Project and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, Visio.