Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join our project delivery operation in Aberdeen.
The Supply Chain Manager will provide leadership to a multi-disciplined Supply Chain team in order to deliver project execution plans. To be accountable for the planning and delivery of all Supply Chain activities required in support of project execution.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Build, lead, manage and develop the contracts, procurement, logistics, and materials management team capability in its pursuit of delivering optimal service levels.
- Ensuring key project set up deliverables are completed and endorsed by the Head of SCM and project, defining the function delivery strategy for the project. Ongoing implementation, adherence and performance thereafter.
- Part of project management leadership team representing and promoting the Supply Chain function at a senior level acting as focal point for both WorleyParsons and Client.
- Management of internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure all supply chain activities preserve the company's legal and commercial integrity and that company's and client's governance controls are adhered to.
- Safety leader and role model and will promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team.
- Ensure all SCM personnel and suppliers comply with WorleyParsons Company Code of Business Conduct and the Supply Chain Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure project supply chain team and suppliers have established key performance indicators (KPI's) to measure performance. Ongoing performance reporting and management is progressively monitored thereafter, proactively addressing areas of concern.
- Ensure clear, concise and timely reporting of fully life cycle supply chain status.
- Working with the project team and function to ensure continuous improvement of supply chain delivery
- Support, develop and performance manage supply chain team, including formal appraisal process.
- HND or equivalent
- MCIPS accreditation at advanced professional level
- IT literate
- Appropriate Degree
Personal Qualties, Attitudes and Skills
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to work without supervision.
- Individual who can work as part of a team and also on their own initiative.
- Ability to manage workload and delegate effectively.
- Actively promotes good business ethics.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to react to changing deadlines to achieve project goals / milestones in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Highly motivated, driven individual.
- Desire for continuous improvement and prepared to challenge established practices.
Competencies - Generic
- High level of Commercial awareness.
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft software.
- Accurate reporting.
- Presentation skills.
- Performance management of team members.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and identify development opportunities for team members.
Competencies - Technical
- Proven ability of fostering and managing relationships, with project functions, key suppliers and customers representatives.
- Knowledge of and experience in the procurement of a wide range of goods and services for the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrate a confident and informed approach to purchasing and subcontracting.
- Ability to implement corporate and project policies and procedures.
- Enforcing use of procurement systems.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead meetings.
- Develop, implement and maintain project strategy documents.
- Resource planning and maintenance.