Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFRASTRUCTURE & CIVIL PROJECTS
SR. HSE ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of Job
Lead the provision of expertise on all HSE matters of the Department and ensure compliance with relevant QP Standards, International Standards and Regulatory Requirements. Ensuring implementation and effectiveness of HSE management system requirements for projects and Department.
• Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline from an internationally recognized University. In addition, NEBOSH or equivalent certification is required.
Experience & Skills
• Membership of a recognized professional engineering or HSE association/ institution is required.
• Minimum of 12 years experience in HSE management functions and exposure on construction safety for major Infrastructure and/or oil & gas projects of which at least last 5 years in similar HSE senior position for projects in reputable oil & gas Companies or EPIC Contractors.
• Familiar with HSE and Environmental regulatory regimes, international safety engineering codes and standards.
• Experience in development of project HSE related plans, philosophies and specifications. Relevant skills in HSE Studies, Environmental assessments and Project HSE Risk Registers.
• Exposure to Accident/Incident investigation, review and learning from HSE incidents.
• Experienced as auditor in key and critical HSE audits, inspections and reviews. Develop and maintain consolidated records, lessons learnt, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
• Extensive leadership skills to motivate and organise HSE and Contractor HSE Teams to achieve a high performance level.
• Proficient in the use of the English language (both written & spoken).
• Work experience in the Arabian Gulf Countries is desirable.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.