Doha, Doha, Qatar
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Working for a major Oil and Gas company in Qatar the purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate the transition of systems, applications, and telecommunications equipment in relation to field operations. Support operations disciplines and methods engineers in defining applications solutions to ensure continuity of operations on commencement date. Define the roadmap of changes with prioritization to allow the management of change. Ensure clear reporting of status to transition management and to maintain alignment across operations teams.
- Ensuring field operations: Ensure that systems, applications, and telecommunications related to field operations are in place and tested to enable routine operations from commencement date.
- Manage changes to systems: Build and own a roadmap of changes to systems, applications, and telecommunications and associated activities for transition and beyond.
- Coordinate across disciplines: Coordinate with discipline engineers across operations to ensure plans are aligned and activities are performed against the plan.
- Align workflows: Work with methods and discipline engineers to ensure systems, applications, and telecommunications are aligned with workflows, procedures, ways of working, and interfaces.
- Bachelor of Science in any engineering field.
Experience and Skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Petroleum Applications used by operations teams across all disciplines.
- At least 5 years' proven experience in creating and deploying systems and applications for use by operations teams in roles including production operations, performance management, field operations engineering, field operations management system and site management.
- Knowledge of conventional offshore oil and gas operations and working practices.
- Previous experience working during operations or in setting up new operations in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven skills in introducing improvements to processes and ways of working.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.