Technical Authority Location: Houston, TX Duration: Long-term contract assignment POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Technical Authority Manager is accountable for the leadership, development, implementation and custodianship of the Technical Integrity Framework within the technical functions.
The Technical Integrity process is required to facilitate the planning, development, and execution of the project and ensure that the specific technical objectives of the project are achieved. The incumbent is required to design and install within the technical authority organization the key components of the process which will include:
- Selection of discipline Technical Authorities
- Process Owner of Technical Integrity Framework
- Reviews and provides a determination on proposed Technical Changes to Project Design Basis
- Reviews and provides a determination on Key Decisions
- Reviews and provides determinations on proposed deviations / changes to specifications / standards that are multi-discipline in impact
- Owner of technical integrity risk register
- Owner of deviation register
- Owner of Project Design Basis, standards and specifications
- Provides Steer and guidance to discipline Technical Authorities.
The incumbent contributes to the shaping and development of the project execution strategy through provision of clear guidance and controls around technical decision making and technical quality. Primary Responsibilities Project Scope Delivery:
Assurance and Risk:
- Lead the adoption of the Technical Integrity process across all technical delivery organizations. These include EPC Contractors, engineering organizations, vendor engineering teams and SLM project disciplines.
- Assist and develop skills among technical discipline leaders to ensure the adoption of the Technical Integrity process across all relevant project activities.
- Build relationships between project personnel and other Technical Authority team to avoid conflicts and promote a constructive work environment encompassing knowledge sharing and technical capability improvement.
- Regularly issue timely and accurate reports regarding the progress of all project technical requests and issues under incumbent's purview and resolution of such requests / issues.
- Design and agree with functional support managers a programme of technical assurance audits and reviews through execution of the project. Review outcomes and ensure adequacy of follow up and close out of findings. Personally, participate in critical reviews.
- Regularly review and assess technical risks and opportunities presented to the organisation during project development and execution. Support development of mitigation / capitalisation measures and monitor progress across all project related technical activities. Intervene as required.
- Monitor management of technical interfaces between functional and project disciplines and Contractors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience requirements:
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders and the EPC Contractor to ensure understanding and adequacy of Technical Integrity processes and requirements on Train 1 Project.
- University Degree or higher qualification in an engineering technical field.
- At least 20 years' experience in a petrochemical, oil and gas or energy business, in a senior technical integrity role in Owner Organizations, having a specialist discipline background in a core engineering competence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee and support the technical development and delivery of major petrochemical, oil and gas and energy projects.
- A deep technical understanding of facilities engineering disciplines and technologies required to develop petrochemical, oil and gas and energy projects.
- A strong appreciation of technical risks and associated risk management required to successfully develop major projects
- Ability to constructively manage relationships within the project technical teams, functional teams and delivery teams.
- Mature leadership and technical decision-making skills augmented with strong interpersonal skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.