If you are an experienced Manual Machinist with a track record of reliability, confidence and a good attitude, this is a great opportunity to bring your career to SPX Flow.
• Competitive pay, overtime, and bonus incentives
• You'll join a group that values teamwork and enjoys a temperature-controlled facility.
• Full benefits start day one of employment- including medical, dental, vision, and 401k
• Career development advancement opportunities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will set up and operate manual machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fit and assemble machines parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques. As the Lead Machinist, you are expected perform your assignments proactively at the highest level of quality and attention to detail while driving those values to the overall shop environment. You are expected to enforce manufacturing and assembly to print, elevate print discrepancies to the Service Center Manager for engineering review or correction, and present observations that would enhance safety or manufacturability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• Experience machining pump casings and components
• Four to five years of machine experience, including setting up and operating of manual machining equipment including HBM, VTL, and lathes and mills.
• The ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and other documents.
• Proficiency with measuring equipment, such as calipers, gauges and micrometers.
• Knowledge of G&L Horizontal Boring Mills, 60" + VTL, Manual mills and lathes
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
• Think all customer, all the time.
• Embrace teamwork with no borders.
• Be obsessed with being the best.
• Own your actions.
• Ask the hard question.
• Do the right thing, always!
• Appreciate the moment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Thank you for your interest in our company.