Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for Offshore Platers for an Ad Hoc 3 Month position.
We are looking for a highly skilled candidate to join our Conoco Phillips contract.
Key elements of this role will be to deliver a high quality, consistent and competent piping construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
Job Title: Plater
Ref No: 13263
Project/Client : Conoco Phillip
Duration: 3 trips - 2/2 Rotation
Start Date : 08/04/2019
Key aims and objectives:
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent plating construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
- To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
Qualifications & certification
- 4 Year Appreticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent
- City and Guilds (C&G) Steelwork / Shipbuilding Craft and / or NVQ Level 3 in related trade.
- BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
- AMEC mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc
- Manual Handling
- Slinging and lifting
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Demonstrate commitment to working safely at all times
- Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
- Ability to work with other team members/disciplines and in a multi-cultural environment
- Confident and with an ability to work unsupervised and work on own initiative
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
- Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times.
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Plater as defined in associated job specification
- Can demonstrate the ability to read/understand and implement procedures/specifications/drawings/sketches/etc.
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.