- Accountable for supervising onsite personnel during the implementation of the operational plans.
- Ensure the safe performance of all operations and to report any accidents or incidents in accordance with reporting guidelines
- Perform all duties assigned or requested by the Company Man Day, assisting the Company Man Day to ensure that all operations are planned and executed in accordance with the HSE policies and procedures, whether client or contractor documents, in accordance with the presiding bridging document.
- Attend pre-job safety meetings for all critical jobs and supporting the STOP cards by example while encouraging the safety to all onsite personnel.
- Personally conduct regular safety and environmental audits of the offshore drilling facilities.
- Ensure that the instructions of the Company Man Day are communicated to and understood by all affected personnel.
- Ensure that operations are completed in accordance with approved procedures or as otherwise approved by the Company Man Day.
- Track and record operational progress and prepare daily reports including DDR, cost, and safety.
- Assist the Senior Client representative during any onsite emergencies; including well control events.
- Assist the Company Man Day with operational logistics coordination
- Read and become familiar with the all applicable Client HSE standards, policies and procedures.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency of operations and communicate such recommendations verbally to the Senior Supervisor.
- Work directly with the office engineer(s) to ensure thorough reporting of all activities and costs
- Provide office based operational support as required.
- Uncompromising adherence and commitment to our SPIRIT Values (Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork)
- Technical excellence in all aspects of drilling, testing, completions, workover and HPHT operations.
- Significant and recent exposure to critical onshore/offshore drilling operations.
- Strong leadership in safety and environmental awareness.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Proven operational, personnel motivational, planning & coordination skills. Strong drive for continuous improvement. Ability to communicate with and to motivate both companies and contract personnel.
- Computer proficiency in word processing spread sheet and engineering application software - WellView drilling data management system.
- Willingness to air, and adept at working through, problems
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Team player working within Multi Discipline Teams. Team player who can work well and be respected by Drilling Engineers, Geologists, and service company personnel.
- Self-starter requiring little to no direct guidance. Individual that is willing to accept risks and aggressively pursue continuous improvement.
- Excellent judgment and decision making ability regarding both technical and personnel matters
- Ability to review drilling operations performance and make recommendations to engineering and management on the adoption of new equipment or techniques to improve operations.
- Key participant in developing procedures for onsite emergency preparedness
- Bachelor or Technical Engineering Degree or lesser qualification with appropriate number of years experience as Company Man Night.
Desired Experience Level
- Minimum of 12 years of industry experience in drilling operations
Special Skills, Training, & Certifications
Must hold a valid IWCF or IADC well control certificate for Drilling Supervisor level in surface stack operations (minimum).