Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support, Project Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The IT Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting our Project Managers in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Monitor and report on project metrics, including cost, effort, and scope.
- Review and ensure the following are completed within project timelines: test plans, test cases, test scripts, approve functional testing, working with end users and functional staff.
- Coordinate integration testing, troubleshooting, user acceptance testing, and training.
- Plan and coordinate with Business Analysts and Technical Lead
- Responsibility for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the PMO
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Business related degree or relevant significant work experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years in ERP system required. Oracle EBS 11i/R12 managing deployments, upgrades, mergers and/or acquisitions preferred.
- Agile experience is preferred
- Oracle domestic and international implementation experience preferred.
- Oilfield services industry experience preferred.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Help define and comply with project standards, schedules, and processes related to producing a high quality product.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Should have strong PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must be able to present self in a professional manner through interaction and communication.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure personal behaviours and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, suppliers and guests
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.