Skills: Business Analyst, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Business Analyst is responsible for the support, maintenance and configuration of Oracle E-Business Suite applications including Human Resources, Payroll, Advanced Benefits, and Self Service HR. This Position is also responsible for supporting other peripheral applications used to supplement Oracle EBS such as EIS Reporting.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS include the following:
- Provide Oracle HRMS subject matter expertise to assist the current functional team in supporting Parker Drilling's Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Understand business problems, processes and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Guide and support Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll application teams on mission critical maintenance, support and enhancements for clients using Oracle EBS suite.
- Deliver daily production break/fix support and also assist with enhancements to the Oracle EBS modules. Project management tasks, including facilitating team meetings and overall documentation of requirements; leading functional/technical (development, system test, interface) teams during enhancements.
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform functional testing working with end users and technical staff.
- Possess the functional, technical and analytical abilities sufficient for the support and configuration of Oracle applications, including experience with Oracle workflows, personalization, fast formulas and extensions.
- Resource needs a deep understanding of the functional processes and is able to work directly with the users serving as the subject matter expert.
- Review and maintain existing configurations/setups and make corrections and changes as needed.
- Lead technical resource when required to resolve bug fixes, and/or to produce alerts/workflows/interfaces/enhancements as needed.
- Interact effortlessly with business/user community to determine and document new functional or technical requirements, to work with other IT professionals to implement solutions.
- Conduct gap analysis between delivered functionality and client requirements and recommend solutions.
- Develop new reporting solutions to streamline business processes through the use of Oracle Reports.
- Provide super users with additional training regarding Oracle EBS and business best practices.
- Strong SDLC experience with exposure to Oracle AIM methodology preferred.
- Coordinate integration testing, user acceptance testing, training and documentation.
- Interface analytical skills to identify issue with data transmittals.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Business related degree or relevant significant work experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in Oracle E-Business Suite with heavy emphasis on HRMS modules.
- Minimum of 5 years configuration of Payroll, HR, Benefits, and Employee Self Service modules.
- Minimum of 5 years developing Oracle fast formulas used in Payroll and Benefits modules.
- Oracle domestic payroll experience required. Oracle international payroll experience preferred.
- Proficient in understanding the application requirements gathering, design, configuration / module setup and documentation of functional documents.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle open interfaces and application data mapping of interfaces.
- Knowledge of HR System Administration.
- Knowledge of Self Service Personalization Configuration.
- Understanding of flex fields, workflow, setup and profile options.
- Understanding of multi-organization and multi-currency functionality.
- Working knowledge of query tools.
- ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and assist with support.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, management, and vendors.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Must be capable of managing projects with little to no supervision.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, suppliers and guests
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.