Skills: Engineering Technician, Facilities Engineer, Safety Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Greeley, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Oversees facilities engineering projects and provides engineering support for on-going operations.
Reports to an Engineering, Operations or Asset Manager and works closely with Business Unit Managers and Asset Teams for each geographic area to ensure early identification of surface facility needs.
Oversees evaluation of appropriate options and makes recommendations that meet the Business Unit needs and development strategies.
Is responsible for the timely and on-budget completion of these projects.
Coordinates work with other departments (e.g. EH&S, Regulatory, Marketing) in order to coordinate all aspects for their successful execution.
Provides on-going technical facilities engineering support for trouble shooting, optimization and identification of de-bottlenecking opportunities within the existing assets.
Oversees selection of 3rd party engineering and construction firms that will be required to leverage their ability to provide complete project management services for the wide and diverse facility portfolio.
Proactively implements all facilities projects with risk assessments and process safety management as a top priority.
- Applies basic knowledge to carry out a sequence of tasks. Under close supervision, performs routine assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Develops fit for purpose standards and specifications for surface facility projects.
- Performs feasibility studies, scope development, AFE cost estimates, bid preparation, and overall project management of assigned projects.
- Designs oil, gas and produced water handling facilities, including low pressure gathering systems, compressor stations, high-pressure pipelines and treating facilities (dehydration, sweetening, NGLs), evaporative ponds, water treating systems, and SWD plants.
- Reviews design drawings and construction documents (plats, P&IDs, etc.)
- Coordinates with EH&S and Regulatory for all required permits and compliance and ensures operations comply with all corporate EH&S policies and governmental regulations.
- Reviews existing facilities for capacity upgrades and de-bottlenecking opportunities.
- Ensures proper documentation and data books are assembled for each completed project.
- Ability to run more complex gathering system hydraulic modeling
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Typically requires 1 year of related experience.
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.