Spring, Texas, United States
Spring, Texas, United States
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible to provide technical support to manufacturing personnel to resolve issues related to processes, products and/or equipment.
- Able to author/revise manufacturing documentation, floor layouts, and recommend manufacturing technical solutions that reduce waste and improve quality, cost and delivery.
- Able to design and document tools/fixtures that support typical manufacturing operations.
- Able to develop and effectively communicate new or improved methods for the manufacture of tooling, sub-assemblies, or upper level assemblies that improve product reliability, increase quality, lower cost and/or facilitate expedited delivery.
- Under general supervision, independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering practices to assigned projects.
- Uses experience and sound judgment to make suggestions for modifications to product components/documentation.
- Assists as a manufacturing representative or leads multi-discipline Teams for assignments of larger scope that involve investigations, surveys, structures, and/or equipment requiring manufacturing specific input and involvement to complete assigned action items.
- Assignments usually include the following: router creation, provide quotes for field requests, troubleshooting hydraulic/mechanical assembly non-conformances, evaluating bills of material, product design reviews for manufacturing readiness, tool/fixture design and documentation including BOM creation, product testing, specification/drawing preparation, supplier interaction, vendor interaction and development, process development, report preparation, and other manufacturing related activities.
- Requirements include an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing related experience preferred; Hydraulics experience preferred
- Strong experience 3D modeling using SolidWorks is required.
- SAP experience preferred. Electronics/troubleshooting background is a plus.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
445 Woodline Drive, Spring, Texas, 77386, United States
Requisition Number: 71315
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.