Rankin, Texas, United States
Rankin, Texas, United States
Skills: Plant Operations Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rankin, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Operations Technician for their facility located in Rankin, TX.
• Review and monitor plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications. The responsibility of the technician is to work safely, have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, electrical and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment.
• The schedule will consist of 12 hour rotating shifts and will require some weekends and holidays to be worked.
• The position also has associated callouts and overtime.
• The gas plant has two cryogenic plants, gas/liquid amine treating, glycol dehydration, and gas compression served by gathering system.
• Technician will also be required to perform certain PSM functions and activities.
• Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required.
• Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
• Install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance when needed.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Minimum of 2 year(s) of related work experience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and reliable attendance
• 2+ year experience in the industry or knowledge of plant operations.
• Has a good understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression.
• Warehouse knowledge and mechanical aptitude a plus
• Able to troubleshoot equipment failures and process failures.
• Process Safety Management knowledge.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.