Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Architect, Digital
Are you an experienced technical leader of digital teams?
We are seeking an architect with at least 5 years of experience in designing digital products. You will be joining at the start of a digital journey for Marathon Oil providing architectural guidance to agile teams as we evolve our digital product portfolio. The Digital architect is expected to be self-driven, take charge in identifying and fixing problems, and excel in a collaborative, rapidly growing, and constantly changing environment.
Help shape Marathon Oil's digital technology strategies and system designs by collaborating within Product Development and especially with our Software Developers forging new paths as the technical landscape evolves. We are moving toward a modern software development architecture low-code, codeless configuration and micro services.
- Lead design and development of digital products and solutions
- Assess, benchmark and select new technologies to be added to the digital product portfolio
- Ensure solutions can be deployed in a cloud architecture with excellent performance, reliability and security
- Provide evaluation of, guidance to, and mentorship for developers on the digital team
- Work with the team architects to define, communicate, and implement our technical strategies across all Marathon product families
- Identify areas of architectural risk and work with senior staff to ameliorate them
- Organize and lead regular architecture discussions
- Work with the functional leads to ensure that our technical strategy is aligned with our company and departmental vision
- Reach out to Marathon business leaders to understand on-going technical requirements and product gaps
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience building enterprise application software products, as well as hosted, cloud-based systems
- Successful technical leadership of a large-scale software product efforts
- Can lead proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts; can coach others to lead
- Demonstrated success in coordinating technical strategy across multiple product families
- Collaborative leadership style and ability to earn the respect of a talented engineering team
- Not shy with opinions, yet more interested in empowering teams than in controlling
- Deep, hands-on programming experience, preferably in complex enterprise systems
- Deep knowledge in multiple relevant languages.
- Experience with hosted platforms specifically utilizing AWS technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Preferred, B.Sc. degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related
- Architecture Design—Design next-generation system architecture and automation solutions to meet our clients' business needs; own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement solutions, including reference architectures, estimates and costing; advise business and technology delivery leadership on how to translate clients' infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions; participate in customer meetings/workshops and present proposed solutions; perform analysis of best practices/emerging concepts in DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automation; document DevOps processes, procedures, and environments
- DevOps—Mentor. Lead and work closely with different organizations in DevOps engagements; quickly discern environments, requirements, and culture; lead engagements to improve DevOps environments across functional areas; implement DevOps pipeline tools in support of requirements. Serve as key driver of internal DevOps practice, and key expert on DevOps practices and components, providing guidance to and collaborating with engineering team members to establish and maintain best practices that facilitate easy scalability, quality releases, consistent security protocols, and automation; present broad knowledge of a range of projects across the DevOps spectrum.
- Product Management—Mentor, Lead and work closely with IT teams to facilitate the evolution and implementation of the digital experience. Collaborate with Product management teams and stakeholders to tackle complex and challenging problems to optimize the digital experience. Design and drive implementation of multi-platform digital solutions.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 29834 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.