Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position is located in Singapore and is a member of the LNG Marketing and Shipping function supporting the Mozambique LNG project. This position reports directly to VP, LNG Marketing & Shipping.
This position is accountable for managing the implementation of all our LNG Sales and Purchase agreements with LNG Buyers (~170 LNG Cargo sales per year) to ensure and uphold Mozambique LNG1's contractual value and customer satisfaction, through accurate and reliable implementation and management of such agreements. Prior to the first LNG cargo the team will be responsible for negotiating Implementation Agreements for each of our long-term SPAs (with support of marketers) and ensuring the necessary processes and procedures are in place for managing our sales contracts.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in the LNG/Gas industry including 5 years in a supervisory capacity. Specific experience and expertise in the following areas is required:
- Extensive experience in managing SPAs/MSPAs on the buy and/or sell side.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial contracts structure and associated regulation and controls.
- Strong analytical skills including economic analysis and verbal-reasoning skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and time pressures on deliverables required to avoid substantial financial and reputational losses.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and mentoring capabilities and excels in a cooperative and collaborative team environment.
- High level of cultural awareness.
- Existing working relationships with LNG Buyers and/or Sellers.
- Directs a team that ensures efficient and reliable management of all SPAs/MSPAs.
- Leads and manages the process for negotiating SPA implementation procedures that ensures maximum value return and minimal risks to the Seller.
- Ensures appropriate processes are in place for determining and processing the contractual pricing and notices.
- Lead focal point for liaising with Anadarko Energy Services Company (AESC) and Concessionaires regarding contractual documentation associated with sale of condensate.
- Focal point within Marketing & Shipping for managing the independent LNG Cargo surveying companies and other external service providers in order to ensure robust deliveries while minimizing commercial & operational risk.
- Directs control of commercial incident responses on the existing sales agreements and provides actions and/or recommendations to VP LNG Marketing & Shipping or wider senior management as required.
- Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with current and potential LNG buyers to attract and retain customers.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the government of Mozambique and project partners based on trust, transparency and value creation associated with how our SPAs/MSPAs are being implemented.
- Coordinate efforts with LNG Shipping department and other teams to achieve alignment and integration.
- Provides subject matter expertise in support of new LNG SPA negotiation sales contracts.
- Mentor, manage and develop ENH involvement in LNG contract management.
- Act as a role model, provide leadership and mentor junior members of the team.
Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics or related field is required.
This position is eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is at least 50%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 work schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.