Skills: Commercial Management, Operations Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Den Helder, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Netherlands
- Managing the planning and customer services department;
- Effective and efficient management and control of a fleet of (chartered) vessels including tank management;
- Managing effective business planning with clearly defined customer objectives, including the budget with income and expenses;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, partners and suppliers;
- Regularly assessing the overall performance against the business objectives;
- Be responsible for guiding and motivating employees;
- Taking care of the development of employees and the support of Performance Management whereby employees are regularly assessed on the required competences through Performance Review meetings;
- Ensuring the effective use of the safety and quality system and achieving related objectives.
- A bachelor degree (preferably maritime or logistics);
- Extensive demonstrable experience as a manager in integral management of services / processes and coaching of employees in various fields;
- Extensive experience in the field of maritime services in ports, offshore oil and gas production and exploration, offshore wind, logistics;
- Experience in projects and management in a large-scale, complex environment with conflicts of interest;
- Knowledge of maritime legislation and regulations;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language both orally and in writing;
- Excellent presentation and communicative / personal skills;
- Excellent commercial skills.
- Enterprising, enthusiastic and proactive;
- Planning & organizing;
- Skilled in change management;
We offer a competitive salary with attractive secondary conditions. We stimulate personal development.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.