Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Tubular Services Technician II (Torque Turn Tech II).
The objective of the TT Tech II is to be able to run job without supervision and verify the correct tools needed for the job.
• Work with the TT Tech Supervisor to validate requirements and verify jobs, equipment and personal.
• Ability to identify and document defects on the system integration, to troubleshoot equipment defects, and to challenge specifications of features, especially if it may be a problem in the field.
• Required to communicate test results to group, and to use expertise to assist both internal and external customers.
• Able to run a job without supervision and is expected to train other team members on procedure concepts and systems
• Compliance with all Nabors Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSES, etc.
• Have good communication skills to communicate the performance of the task with internal and external team mates and able to multitask in a busy work environment.
• Complete all quality documentation while preparing equipment.
• Utilize computer for safety training and goal setting.
• Will be expected to participate in DROPS audits.
• Attend all safety meetings.
• Comply with all Nabors policies and/or policies of customers.
• Maintain a basic knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations.
• QHSE Excellence is our Highest Priority.
• Possess an extensive working knowledge of all types of Casing and Completion Tubular(s).
• Proper maintenance and storage of all task related equipment.
• Review lesson learned from AAR/decision log.
Job Description Minimums:
- Oil and Gas experience (1 year)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required to have a current and valid driver's license
- Required to reside within a one (1) hour drive of this location
- Required to have reliable transportation to get to work on time every day
- Required to be able to work in remote locations
- Required to work all shifts and days of the week
- Some Technical School or mechanically based experience desired.
- HUET Certified
- SafeGulf/PEC Certified
Essential Skills / Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must have a solid understanding of facts, concepts, theories, procedures, and relationships between the Torque Turn components.
- Must be able to rig-up and rig-down the TT system in the field.
- Previous oilfield experience required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Safety and service oriented
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time
- Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time
- Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time
- Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances
- Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.