Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cabinda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Plan, supervise all rope access work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- NDT inspection using Ultrasonic / Radiography / Magnetic Particle / Liquid or Dye Penetrant / Eddy Current Techniques based on client / Site requirements.
- Supervise NDT inspection team (NDT + Rope Access NDT)
- Plan, supervise all Rope access work.
- Train and guide Level 2 and Level 1 personnel.
- Sign off NDT reports.
- Responsible for offshore/onshore inspection.
- Confined Space Standby Rescue
- Visual Inspection
- Mentoring and coaching of host country nationals
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Actively participate in safety meetings and tool box talks as required by company and client.
Ensure that Radiation Safety procedures are adhered to at all times and that required documentation is kept updated.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- IRATA Level 3 - Rope Access
NOTE: Will be required to undergo competency check by OI RA Manager.
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - RT - level 2 - Radiographic Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - UT - level 2 - Ultrasonic Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - MT - level 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - PT - level 2 - Dye/Liquid Penetrant Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - VT - level 2 - Visual Testing
NOTE: Third Party ASNT certificate holders will be required to undergo Oceaneering Certificate and successful completion is a mandatory requirement to acquire this position
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - ET - level 2 - Eddy Current Testing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years' experience in corrosion monitoring / mapping
- Minimum 5 years' experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 5 years' experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry utilizing Rope Access
- Radiographic Interpretation and UT TKY are a plus
- Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suits
- Gives and receives constructive feedback while coaching and mentoring activities
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within the work group
This position is considered SITE / INDOORS which is characterized as follows:
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Includes exposure to contaminants and chemicals
- Requires working with radiation
- Requires working at heights
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward body positions
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
This position is considered MEDIUM work.