Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Athlon Solutions, a Halliburton service has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing PSM Manager located in Houston, Texas. This individual will create and sustain the necessary culture to successfully execute PSM at the company's multiple chemical manufacturing blend and reaction plants in the US.
Primary Job Functions/Duties to include:
- Lead PSM program implementation and improvements for the company's multiple chemical manufacturing blend and reaction plants in the US.
- Work with the Plant Managers, site HSE professionals, and Operations teams in a matrix organization to provide technical guidance, execute work, and drive accountability in the pursuit of PSM excellence.
- Establish and cement a visible, uncompromising PSM culture of excellence through training, coaching, and employee interaction.
- Validate PSM and RMP compliance at the manufacturing locations thru audits and site visits.
- Be available to lead or assist the plants in PHA's, Hazop's and PSM incident investigations for major projects or significant incidents as appropriate. Ensure other designated leaders and participants are properly trained, and regularly review these items in conjunction with site HSE professionals and management teams to confirm quality and thoroughness.
- Develop and execute the sharing of best practices between the different facilities.
- Work with leadership to ensure Corrective Action Plans and Tracking are in place for PSM generated action items, that metrics are collected and reported on the status of these action plans, and that past due items are highlighted and expeditiously addressed.
- Provide support for Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) reviews for those areas of risk that need a post PHA assessment and review.
- Participate in the companies Commercialization process to ensure PHA's are conducted and any changes to PSM and RMP documentation are made for all new products in development.
- Assist the manufacturing plants and Corporate HSE in their Hazard Assessment modeling in accordance with local requirements and as required under RMP. Conduct updates as needed and ensure resubmittals are made timely.
- Be available to participate in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR's) for major plant expansion, significant capital projects, or other MOC's on highly hazardous processes. Periodically review the site PSSRs in conjunction with site HSE professionals for quality and completeness
- Support the plants when interface is required with regulatory agencies as it relates to PSM
Experience & Qualifications:
- BS degree in an appropriate HSE or Engineering field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant chemical or petrochemical plant experience with covered processes
- PHA/HAZOP Leader Trained and experience leading same
- A strong understanding and experience in OSHA PSM and RMP regulations
- Understand how to execute a Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across organization lines in a collaborative manner
- Possesses a high level of initiative and is able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Maintains a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and possesses the ability to effectively work under pressure and with changing priorities
- Proven ability to develop and implement processes, influence operations, and build consensus opinions
- Ability to have impact and influence over others in a matrix organization
- Ability to travel as necessary to execute the responsibilities of the position
- Strong leadership/change agency skills are a must
- Candidates having qualifcations that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including PSM Supervisor, PSM Manager hiring up to Sr. PSM Manager.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
5500 N. Sam Houston Parkway W , Houston , Texas , 77086 , United States
Requisition Number: 70937
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.