Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Pipeline Operator, Electrician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fairfield, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Pipeline Technician to be located in Fairfield, TX.
Position Summary...This position is directly involved in the field operation of pipelines and facilities in the transportation and movement of Liquid NGL Products. The Pipeline Technician must balance a high level of surveillance and maintenance to maintain the integrity of the pipeline system(s). The Technician will be expected to take a proactive approach in mitigating developing threats and ongoing events through close contact with the Pipeline Controllers. The Pipeline Technician must demonstrate the ability to recognize, analyze, and respond to abnormal conditions in a timely manner to minimize potential impact to people and the environment as well as eliminating risk to the liability of the company. The Pipeline Technician will be responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the pipeline and pipeline facilities. The majority of these NGL lines are PHMSA Jurisdictional pipelines. This position requires working outside in various weather conditions and in various areas where contact with local wildlife could be dangerous. This position also requires the Technician to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, working Holidays and responding to call-outs. The Technician will troubleshoot, test, maintain, and repair pipeline equipment, which may include valves, valve operators, filtration systems, relief valves. The Technician will perform periodic inspections and routine maintenance on the pipeline system and complete maintenance records, service reports, and other required documents. The Technician will be responsible for responding to Pipeline one calls and locates. This position will include daily travel via Company supplied vehicle. The Technician is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the vehicle.
• Train and Obtain DOT qualifications to perform certain DOT pipeline tasks
• Perform routine field startup/shutdown of pipeline facility equipment
• Recognize pipeline and pipeline equipment malfunctions
• Recognize danger signals from equipment and perform emergency repairs, which could include the shutdown of facilities and/or pipelines
• Prepares and analyzes recurring operational reports
• Prepares various ad-hoc reports including providing data for regulatory reporting
• Continuously review and monitor facility operations for optimization
• Comply with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, local policies and procedures
• Interface with support personnel, operation, measurement, instrumentation/electrical, etc, to resolve operational upset issues
• Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures
• Attend all safety meetings and safety training as required by company
Minimum Essential Qualifications (include physical requirements)
• Minimum of 1-5 year(s) of related work experience...See notes below...
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, vendors and the public
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75 lbs
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• Knowledge of Maximo
• Knowledge of CFR 49 Part 195, NACE, API, GPA
• Knowledge of Pipeline Activity Reports
• Knowledge of GPS and GPS Systems
• Read and Understand PIDs
• Read and Understand Pipeline Maps and Alignment Sheets
• Knowledge of pipe and pipe specifications
• Knowledge of Welding
• Knowledge of NDT, Non-Destructive testing
• Knowledge of pipeline coatings
• Knowledge of Cathodic Protection
• Knowledge of Corrosion Control Equipment
• Knowledge of Pipeline Construction
• Knowledge of pipeline pigging operations
• Knowledge of Pipeline In-Line Inspection, Smart Pigs
• Knowledge of the pipeline business
• Knowledge of Pipeline ROW Maintenance
• Knowledge of Pipeline third-party activities, encroachment
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.