Skills: Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lovington, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Operator III in Loving, NM.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Multi-Skilled position that is responsible for the maintenance of company Pipeline and associated above ground facilities.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and safely operate and maintain various equipment/systems including automatic pigging launchers, manual pigging launchers, pipeline main line block valves
- Work within the guidelines and parameters established by the Company for safety and operations. Be knowledgeable of company, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Inspect, maintain and repair as needed all facilities as assigned, including but not limited to pipelines, compression, and measurement facilities
- On-call responsibility for areas of responsibility as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of regulatory requirements, (OSHA, DOT, etc) document required regulatory activities
- Proven knowledge and understanding of procedures used to safely pig pipeline, i.e. launching, receiving and inspection
- Plan, organize and prioritize assigned responsibilities and work independently
- Manage all activities with a focus on safety and compliance
- Use proper tools and equipment to perform integrity management and regulatory tasks on oil or liquids pipelines
- Monitor activity in and around pipeline and facilities and respond as necessary to protect system integrity
- Maintain required forms, records and reports
- Respond to pipeline emergencies; perform cleanup associated with field ops and corrosion control activities
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required. Vo-Tech certification or Associate's Degree in technical field preferred
- Minimum of 5 year of industry experience is preferred
- Have good computer skills
- The ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions
- Ability to effectively manage priorities while working with various types of people. Must be accountable and self-driven to learn and to develop and improve the skills
- Candidate will be a self-motivated and self-directed individual with good communications skills
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be available for callouts
#zr #wood14 #rz
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.