- Provide QA-QC support to D&C team as assigned to ensure proper controls are in place to promote safety, increase operational efficiency, implement and support LEAN initiatives, and minimize non-productive time utilizing PDCA methodology.
- Provide feedback to D&C Asset Team & D&C Quality Manager on quality system implementation, effectiveness, and project performance including: Drilling, Completions, Fluids Management, Frac, and Coil Tubing Operations.
- Act as primary facilitator in building & supporting project quality plans (PQP)
- Communicate with the D&C teams and Global Supply Chain to ensure Quality requirements and standards are clearly identified in contracts, tenders, and purchase orders
- Perform audits at Contractor facilities/ Field sites of the Equipment, Material & Services provided within the project scope
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on contractor performance; provides recommendations to senior leadership on contractor / vendor use
- Review contractors' Quality Management System, including Inspection Procedures & Test plans to ensure they meet the required standards and specifications per regional needs
- Input D&C non-productive time due to quality incidents into the online Quality Event Management System (QEMS)
- Continually monitor quality incidents for trends and ensure mitigation activities are applied within the project. Notifies Operations and Quality Manager of significant problems.
- Conduct, document and follow up on Root Cause investigations as well as Non Conformance issues with Contractors as necessary.
- Identify and document the support network of Quality personnel in region, agencies, and inspectors to support operational needs
- Participate in Contractor End of Quarter Reviews, Performance Reviews and Improvement Reviews
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the D&C Asset Team & D&C Global Quality team
- Assist Global Supply Chain with contractor selection by evaluating capabilities, performance, potential risks, and Quality System for content in accordance with Hess vendor qualification guidelines
- Maintain all Quality Assurance Documentation, Standards, References, Procedures, and Policies on Company internal SharePoint for this region.
- Minimum travel of up to 12 hrs per week in support of audits, investigations and assessments, extended work days may be required
- Minimum 10+ years QAQC experience in with at least 5 years in drilling and completions
- Extensive knowledge of drilling and completion equipment and related QAQC codes, standards and specifications e.g. API, NACE and ISO etc.
- Management of root cause analysis investigation experience, required
- Drilling and/or completions operational experience, preferred
- Certified Lead Auditor, preferred
- Four Year College degree in a technical, business, or management related field, preferred
- Track record in supervision of multiple inspection personnel in varying drilling & completions facets developing and implementing successful QAQC standards, processes and programs
- Ability to develop inspection guidelines and work effectively with minimal supervision in a diverse multidiscipline team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with management, operations, internal value chain partners, QA-QC resource providers, and contractors providing D&C goods/services
- Proven organizational skills in coordinating simultaneous projects in accordance with mandatory deadlines
- Working knowledge of systems based upon: API Q2, ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001 standards
- Must be have strong computer software and Information System proficiency including: Excel, Power Point, Word, and Visio, and SharePoint
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while meeting all suspense's, KPI's, and tasks
- Ability to demonstrate leadership behaviors while prioritizing demanding work loads
- Must possess a strong critical thinking abilities, including research and analysis
- Familiarity with drilling and completion equipment, tools, and critical processes and procedures
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and reference API standards, Material Test Reports (MTR's) and Certificates of Conformance as necessary.
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce platform a plus
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.