Skills: Supply & Distribution, Mechanic
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Anadarko is looking to fill positions for Mechanics located in the Southern Region located in the Permian Basin: Kermit, Orla, N Loving, N Reeves and Mentone, Texas .
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in engine, mechanical equipment maintenance, gas engines and / or compressors or equivalent mechanics experience.
- Mechanical maintenance experience in gas compression and oil and gas production facilities is desired.
- Knowledge for working with gas plant processing equipment, aerial coolers and various pumps.
- Experience in the use of computers and a basic knowledge of Word and Excel is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative team environment is required.
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental rules and regulations in assigned areas.
- Maintain gas plant and field equipment including gas engines, compressors, pumps, motors, pneumatic tools and production machines, compressors, dryers, coolers, generators, gas regulators, pumps, turbines, etc.
- Routinely create and/or complete electronic work orders utilizing the computer based tools.
- Read and understand maintenance/operations manuals for equipment specifications parts and procedures to make proper and timely repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair natural gas equipment, electronic panels and air/fuel ratio controllers.
- Overhaul natural gas compressors and engines.
- Organize and maintain equipment records with preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Work irregular hours around heavy equipment and in variable environmental conditions.
- Respond to call out requests as needed for maintenance, relief and emergency situations.
A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Valid US driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%
This position is eligible for the 5/40 work schedule that may involve rotating the schedule to cover weekends or nights. The incumbent must be willing to take callouts, work nights, weekends or overtime as scheduled.
Successful candidate must have residency within a 75 mile radius of work location.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.