Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Process Technician, Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a I/E Tech for their facility located in Venice, LA.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions and reporting, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations. (Verification of understanding will be completed using the training checklist
• Work with coworkers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination, equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation
• Utilize proper Lockout/Tag out operating and safety procedures
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits up to and including 4160 volts
• Use Maximo to create work orders for record keeping including creating and editing job plans for any preventive maintenance.
• Record keeping of all I&E safe practices performed through the plant.
• Read, understand, and red line wiring diagrams and schematics
• Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair UPS systems, and auxiliary equipment including generators
• Must have a working knowledge of P&IDs, electric schematics and technical manuals
• Maintain and troubleshoot various pneumatic controls and valves
• Troubleshoot and maintain various PLC's and other control and automation systems including communications.
• Install repair and maintain motors, transformers, generators, lights, circuits, wiring and other electrical system equipment and associated components in compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations
• Oversee any outside personnel working on any of our instrumentation or electrical equipment.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalency
• Valid driver's license
• Understanding of industrial 3 phase electrical systems
• Able to work as a member of a diverse work group / team
• Understanding of basic industrial pneumatic valves and controls
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
• Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code
• Basic understanding of of PLCs and automation used in the oil and gas industry.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong understanding PLC, communications, automation systems
• 5 yrs in the gas processing or related business
• Two year associates degree in electrical maintenance or five years electrical maintenance experience in the commercial or petrochemical industry
• Build and edit Wonderware screens
• Build and edit ladder logic in various PLC platform
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.