Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position is based in Midland, TX and reports to the location Sales Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify and close sales opportunities; prioritize actions and plan ahead for sales prospects
- Assist management in setting sales goals and plans for assigned accounts
- Perform territory planning activities; make regular client visits to ensure appropriate call coverage of assigned accounts, using technical domains where appropriate
- Establish relationships with customer contacts; visit field sites to follow up on jobs that were sold, and consult with customer and other stakeholders
- Act as customer interface with operations
- Participate in the development of the marketing strategy for the segment
- Listen for opportunities for other segments/product lines, market and competitive intelligence and communicate to management
- Keep abreast of client plans and problems; assist in the resolution of customer complaints
- Conduct audits on contracts to ensure compliance and minimize errors
- Follow the invoice process to minimize payment delays and resolve disputes
- Manage bids and proposals for assigned accounts per HQ or Area pricing and guidelines to optimize account returns
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management Tool for accounts, including customer profiling, organization chart, visit reports and customer responsibilities
- Forecast account activity and revenue to optimize operational planning and service delivery
- Attend training courses to develop knowledge of company's key technologies, as well as competitor practices
- Mentor or coach less experienced Sales Representatives
- Implement and comply with all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Comply with all government, industry and company regulations and standards to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, as well as, reduce environmental impact
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum High School / GED. Prefer candidates with Bachelors degree in Engineering, Geosciences, Marketing and Sales, Business or equivalent
- 3+ years of drilling related Sales experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Good interpersonal and sales skills with customers and inside personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Willingness to travel
- Has initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
- Excellent analytical, administrative, communications and organizational skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship now or in the future
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.