Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midkiff, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Vacuum Truck Driver for their facility located in Midkiff, TX.
• Performs truck safety inspections, verification of product lading, and preparation of operational and DOT forms and records.
• Utilizes ELD for daily logging and dispatch
• Operates a variety of makes, models, and sizes of tractor/tank truck combinations, and all, pumping, and other mechanical devices related or incidental to transporting, loading and unloading products, materials, and equipment.
• Carries out scheduled deliveries by routing as specified by Targa Transport dispatchers. Adheres to all company and DOT safety policies and procedures.
• Loads/unloads, or assists in loading/unloading transports, with the aid of mechanical devices, in accordance with approved procedures and current instructions.
• Determines, by personal inspections in accordance with criteria specified by Targa Transports, that vehicles are in a safe operating condition before leaving company facility.
• Works a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing to work up to the maximum hours allowed by the DOT. May be assigned on a short-term basis to other Targa Transport locations or work sites.
• This position will have shared responsibility for daily and periodically scheduled loading, unloading and transportation of waste water and/or condensate from compressor stations and other associated equipment. It will also include:
• Transportation of condensate/slop oil from compressor stations.
• "Pulling of drips" as directed by field personnel
• Hauling fresh water in the process of pipeline maintenance as directed by field personnel.
• This position makes multiple stops and does not include over-the-road type driving.
• Complete special projects / duties as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED required
• Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver license (CDL) required
• Must Requires a valid, current Class A commercial drivers license with Hazardous Materials and Tank endorsements
• be able to drive in city or industrial areas such as paved roads and minimal maintenance roads.
• Must comply with all Federal, State, and local rules and regulations and meeting all requirements as set forth in Part 391 Qualification of Drivers of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
• Perform minor mechanical repairs and performs routine preventative maintenance.
• Recognize mechanical problems that might affect the safety or operations of the truck.
• Recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions that might occur in their area of operation.
• Recognize danger signals from equipment indicating a need to shut down the equipment or to activate the emergency action procedure.
• Train co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
• Know and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions and permits, and detailed knowledge of the effect his/her work will have on their co-workers and the plant and field operations.
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
• Will require travel to work site and may require occasional overnight stay on business trips
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks
• Computer skills to include the use of e-mail and filling out an electronic time card, proficient with a "smart" device
• Use and interpret GPS instrument
• Current Hazmat Certification
• DOT Certified
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.