Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, and Louisiana.. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa has an immediate opportunity for a Safety Specialist located in the Permian and Delaware basin. The position supports business including the gas plants and the associated gathering systems. This position will assist operations in achieving Targa's goals with respect to safety in our operations. A proven ability to solve problems, learn new material, adapt to change and be an effective communicator are key traits to success in this position.
The employee will report to the local Safety Supervisor and will collaborate with the local ES&H and Operations staff to achieve regulatory compliance and operational goals. All the field ES&H positions in Targa received support and guidance from the Corporate ES&H staff. Job Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Implementation and auditing of OSHA programs and policies as well as local and state programs and policies including understanding corporate policy and local procedures, performing behavior observations and compliance evaluations, and auditing.
- Participating or leading incident reporting and investigations, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Managing and driving to completion open action items that result from PSM Audits, PHAs and other compliance Audits.
- Facilitate and conduct Safety Meetings and Site Specific Training
- Auditing and monitoring of large contract and construction crews.
- Assist with shutdowns, confined space entries, critical lifts and other high priority jobs.
- Evaluate working conditions and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and procedures.
- Advise management, operations, and project/maintenance teams in matters that assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate rules and regulations pertaining to employee health and safety. Acting as the local subject matter expert or resource.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Assure that various reports are filed with appropriate agencies in accordance with applicable safety regulations including specific requirements of permits or regulations for the various facilities.
- Conduct formal and informal audits of physical facilities and compliance related programs and procedures.
- Actively promote safe and environmentally friendly work processes within the facilities.
- Conduct Emergency Response drills and work with local emergency response agencies
- Assist in contractor safety programs.
- Assist other ES&H team members with company initiatives and overall implementation of ES&H Department Goals.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- BS in Engineering, Safety & Health, or related technical/science field preferred
- Associates Degree in Safety or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Safety & Health management systems within gas processing, refining, petrochemical, or other industrial manufacturing settings.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- The ability to work within a collaborative team environment, with demonstrated personal drive and initiative to achieve goals.
- Working knowledge of federal General Industry and Construction safety requirements, including PSM.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- The ability to successfully pass any HAZWOPER training required for this position including use of SCBA.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred consideration will be given for CSP, ASP, CIH or other degreed professional certifications.
- 10+ years of experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of the various federal and state agencies having jurisdiction over the Targa facilities.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
Please note - Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.