Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
HGV 1 Tanker Drivers
We are currently looking to recruit experienced HGV1 ADR tanker driver.
Primarily responsible for operating transport vehicles as directed by line the supervisor. Performing loading and unloading of vessels, trailers, containers or other duties as directed by line supervisor in accordance with specified training and competency measures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in toolbox talks as and when required - ensuring all relevant personnel are fully aware of the job task prior to commencement of work.
- Empowered to "stop the job" if an action is considered unsafe and report to line supervisor.
- Daily vehicle safety checks are conducted as per operator.
- Ensure driving skills are conducted in accordance with driver assessor audits, competency units and licence requirements.
- Accurate record of daily work / tachograph charts to be kept with driver for a period of minimum 28 days and no more than 42 days (analogue). Digital tachograph details to be downloaded on a regular basis.
- Collecting and delivering loads to and from vendors / customers in a safe and timely manner.
- Securing loads in the appropriate manner pertaining to the particular load, ensuring the loads are double strapped at all times.
- Providing the appropriate paperwork for deliveries and ensuring that the appropriate paperwork is received upon collection of loads.
- Ensuring that all straps, ratchets etc. are fit for purpose and that any defects are reported in a timely manner.
- Carrying of dangerous goods in accordance with the "transport of dangerous goods by road" / ADR regulations.
- Maintaining a professional demeanour whilst conducting driving duties, whether on the road, on Petersons premises of those of vendors and clients.
- Loading / Discharging Vessels / Trailers / Containers / Backload (Where certified OPITO)
- Ensure effective communications with Boat Foreman and Quayside Supervisor as and when required.
- Assist with the backload cargo dispatch process ensuring cargo backload managed and dispatched according to company procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- LGV Class 1 licence
- Tanker Driver Experience essential
- ADR - Carriage of dangerous goods by road regulations
- Forklift Truck license and experience of cargo handling (where applicable)
- Driving experience preferable
- Specific requirement-Competencies
- Digital driver card owner (preferred)
- Ability to promote team working, flexibility, enthusiasm and determination to ensure success of the Team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other members of the team.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.