Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Reservoir Engineer for a permanent position, location in Aberdeen
Reporting to the Subsurface Team Lead the Reservoir Engineer will provide Reservoir Engineering interpretation, guidance and support to asset teams and business development as required.
- Lead the design, maintenance and history matching of fit-for-purpose dynamic reservoir simulation models for various operated and non-operated fields. Utilise classical reservoir engineering techniques such as material balance and decline curves as appropriate to support the models.
- Identify and drive opportunities for reserves progression and increased production from the assigned producing assets, with a view to maximizing value and reserves for the company.
- Assess opportunities for future infill wells, workovers and near-field exploration targets and prepare well recommendations and AFEs as appropriate. Update and document the opportunity hopper regularly.
- Perform (and/or manage) relevant Reservoir Engineering studies (e.g. PVT, core, well test) where required.
- Work as an integrated team member with geoscientists, drilling, and production engineers to plan and design development wells, monitor well tests and field performance and optimise production.
- Active participation in relevant external reviews (e.g. OGA), JV meetings and other ad-hoc technical meetings, representing client as operator.
- Develop production and reserve booking profiles for input in to business unit report, CAD and year end reserves.
- Planning and preparations for CoP, as and when required.
- Provide peer assist support and hands-on technical support to other asset teams and BD initiatives as required. Mentor less experienced reservoir engineers.
- The ability to characterise and succinctly articulate the subsurface recommendations to other relevant disciplines and management to secure their implementation
- Ability to work independently, but also work effectively within a multi-discipline team environment to develop clear, business-focussed recommendations and appropriate work-programmes.
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Managing the production forecasts and reserves for the assets.
- A degree in Engineering or a related discipline. Preferably a post-graduate qualification in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Skills / experience:
- Extensive experience as a Reservoir Engineer with an E&P Operator working on a broad range of operated development and production projects. Preferably both oil and gas fields.
- Substantial experience in dynamic modelling, history matching and sensitivity analysis using Eclipse (or similar) software.
- Track record of proactively proposing and implementing successful reservoir management recommendations.
- Experience and detailed understanding of well operations, well tests and completions.
- Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Fully competent reservoir engineer with classical reservoir engineering skills.
- Up to date working knowledge of technical software including Eclipse, Petrel, Petroleum Experts (GAP, PVT, MBal etc.) analytical tools, and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with hydrocarbon resources estimation and reporting.
- Systematic approach to uncertainty management and the ability to work with limited data.
- Ability to work within the framework provided by company investment guidelines; appraise, concept, select, define and execute.
- Good awareness of latest industry innovations.
- Good understanding of drilling and production operations.
Attributes and behaviours:
- Highly motivated goal-oriented professional.
- Able to establish technical credibility in order to gain the respect of peers, supervisors, and external third parties. Ability to develop practical solutions to problems and gain agreement with senior managers in the BU, corporate and function.
- Ability to manage confidential information with appropriate sensitivity.
- Ability to succinctly articulate risks and uncertainty in complex scenarios.
- Comfortable working autonomously and within dynamic teams, sometimes mentoring and assisting others. Leadership qualities.
- Detail focused, with ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Exhibits the core company behaviours of creativity, decisiveness, delivery, openness and ability to work well with others in a team environment.