Category management is one of the key commercial CP levers to pull and has a proven track record to significantly contribute to our ambition to deliver "the most competitive supply chains".
The objective of category management is to look holistically at major spend areas in Shell, with the aim to consolidate procurement volumes, strike the best enterprise wide deals with key Global suppliers, and drive teamwork between Technical and Commercial teams enabling fit-for-purpose specifications & standards, and leverage best practices. The Senior Category Manager (CM) is responsible and accountable to maintain this, and to drive significant improvement.
The individual to fill this role is end to end accountable for all aspects (including compliance) of the sourcing process of a frame agreement, working closely with business, technical discipline & projects staff and functions (tax, legal, finance and treasury). Implementation of the Category is a critical factor to the success of Shell.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- ?Minimum ten (10) years' experience in developing, negotiating and implementing global strategy across projects and business units.
- Proven experience in EPC contract negotiation and implementation, and/or project experience required.
- Strategic thinking and experience in Contracting Strategy.
- Strong analytical skills to benchmark and offer a menu of solutions.
- Authenticity. Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner.
- Collaboration. Understands business and speaks business language. Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience. Proven track record of commercial acumen.
- Performance. Continuous improvement and simplification mindset. Enables and empowers team to contribute, recognizes people (Engage & Perform). Passionate about developing people
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.