Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Production Planner / Detailed Scheduler - Tolling located in Belle Chasse, LA Louisiana.
Chevron Oronite Company LLC is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Chevron Oronite manufactures over 300 different finished additive products in nine facilities around the world, and delivers them to bulk terminals worldwide. Our mission is to empower employees to provide value-added petroleum additive products and business solutions to fuel and lubricant marketers and OEMs worldwide. Chevron Oronite consists of more than 2,000 global team members who are part of one of the world's leading developers, manufacturers and marketers of petroleum additives for lubricant base stocks and fuels.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling
- Consolidate data and utilize tools to develop short term production plans (
- Incorporate planned outages into short term production plan to ensure adequate inventory throughout outage to mitigate customer impact. Adjust detailed schedule to manage inventory risk for unplanned outages.
- Provide weekly/monthly AMR 3rd Party Toll location purchasing plan to AMR Buyers, assigns, communicates and adjust orders, if necessary, based on current and future inventories.
- Work with mid-term SNP Planners and/or Tolling Specialist to align on planned shutdown scheduling, inventory pre-build/draw downs, work-off's, product and package transitions and respond to over forecast demand or recurring production, quality and/or logistics issues.
- Incorporate requests and recommendations from technical groups in short term plan to accommodate outages and/or ensure component and/or finished products are manufactured within specifications. This includes executing approved work off plans of SMOG and off-specification/out of shelf life return of product.
Inventory reconciliation/Data clean up
- Review inventory periodically to ensure SAP/APO systems are within tolerance of physical inventory at AMR 3rd Party Toll locations/Terminals/Warehouses.
- Routinely ensure data in SAP/APO aligns with actual purchase/production plan being executed to maintain accuracy of the output generated by the system.
- 1 year experience in Production Planning / Scheduling or Supply Chain associated with petro chemical industry
- Ability to analyze complex data and create data driven action plans
- Good understanding of basic finance (i.e. fixed and variable costs, inventory costs)
- Ability to work with others and build relationships with other organizations.
- Creates and promotes an environment of trust and teamwork through actions and behaviors.
- Effective written and verbal communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical, Business, or Supply Chain discipline
- 3 years experience in Production Planning, Supply Chain, or Tolling Planning, including:
- Production and raw material planning
- Inventory Management
- Stock transfer planning
- Transition Management
- Working Knowledge of Oronite Product Lines, Blends, and Components and their role and integration into Oronite Manufacturing & Supply organization
- Proficient in SAP ERP system
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.