Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Varco TD's course
- Valid BOSIET Certificate
- Valid OGUK Medical Certificate
Preferably 5 years of experience as Rig Mechanic with Mechanical Trade Certificate
2 years as Rig Mechanic with ONC/HNC
Skill / Attributes / Competencies
- High level of verbal and written communication in English.
- Maintain BMI levels as per Company & Client's requirements
- The incumbent is expected to be mobile to cover similar roles within the fleet
- Meet the training requirements as per company's training matrix
- Ability to competently and safely perform duties defined in the job description
- Preferably extensive experience with Operations in drilling units
The Senior Mechanic is the designated "person in charge" to supervise and carry out repairs and maintenance to drilling and associated equipment.
Minimum Job Functions
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
- Instruct and supervise members of maintenance crews.
- Executes all aspects of the company Planned Maintenance System relating to drilling equipment and associated equipment; recording all maintenance performed in the STAR system
- Carry out daily checks of equipment
- Carry out mechanical isolations for general maintenance and repair purposes, consistent with company procedural directives and Lock-out / Tag-out requirements
- Check the engine room and Motorman's log.
- Liaise with OIM regarding maintenance/repairs and forward planning to avoid the risk of delay through equipment breakdown.
- Liaise with Technical Manager, through rig chain of command, regarding any modifications, new techniques or recurring problems encountered
- In liaison with the onshore support team prepare work scopes for major mechanical overhauls.
- Ensure that adequate spare-parts lube oil, tools etc. are available on the rig for his department.
- Ensure that all modifications are carried out under the Company's MOC procedures
- Keep all drawings up-to-date by marking up any changes and sending to head office for final drawing and approval
- Maintain certification of equipment as required.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are adhered to in all machinery rooms and workshops under his charge.
- Overseeing the care and maintenance of tools by maintenance crews.
- Attend safety meetings when requested and safeguarding the welfare of himself and fellow crew members.
- Provide On-the-Job training and assistance to members of maintenance crew.
- Compile concise hand-over notes for his relief at crew change.
- Carry out Trip Assessment at the appropriate time for both new and existing maintenance staff.
- Understand safety critical barrier responsibilities as defined within the Rigs safety case (available from your supervisor)
- Understand safety critical procedures, safety critical equipment and safety critical activities associated with safety critical barriers as defined within the Rigs safety case
- Maintain effectiveness of safety critical barriers as defined in the Rigs safety case
- Lead safety by example for all employees to follow.
- Promotes safety awareness and safe work practice among all the personnel on board.
- Implement and lead company and operator safety programs and initiatives.
- Lead participation in and compliance with the Permit to Work system.
- Conduct pre-tour and pre-job safety meetings in compliance with the company requirements (which includes use of the 4-Point check / Energy Wheel and TBRA tools), ensuring that crews have participated fully in discussions, have determined the safest method to complete the task and have a full understanding of the work to be performed (especially their individual role).
- Member of the Maintenance Team for all emergencies, as described in the Contingency and Emergency Manual
- Report all hazards and positively intervene in all observed unsafe acts. (Stop Work Authority)
- Participate in emergency drills, including post-drill debriefs
- Attend General Safety Meetings.
- Instruct his crews in the safest work methods and provide On-the-Job training.
- Carry out all work activities within the guidelines of Company or Operator Policies or Procedures
- Ensure he is familiar with any delegated responsibilities as detailed in the Operators Emergency Response Plan.
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.