Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Larose, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He / She coordinates the maintenance of their assigned equipment performing maintenance tasks efficiently, as needed by operations and as per the WL Maintenance Standard. He / She performs preventive maintenance and modifications according to defined schedules, as well as ensuring that failed equipment is analyzed and repaired in a timely manner. He/she is aware of the potential risks associated with such maintenance and works in a safe, orderly and efficient manner.
The Sonde Maintenance Technician accurately reports completed maintenance and failure occurrences in RITE.NET and shares knowledge and ideas within the location and the Wireline technical community through the submission of Lessons Learned, Best Practices, Sustaining Requests, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Fully participates in GlobalTech and ensures his/her training is on schedule and accurately
recorded. Need to have educational background in Electronics maintenance.
• Learns, through organized seminars and personal study, the operational and technical
characteristics of Wireline tools and in particular hydraulic sondes.
• Keeps current with new Wireline tools and hydraulic technology and with updated maintenance
• Promotes the importance of Data and Service Quality within the maintenance community
• Understands and complies with Schlumberger's rules and regulations.
• Assists in the development and coaching of less senior Sonde Technicians.
• Assists Field Engineers with the sonde maintenance sections of their training.
• Maintains close communication with supervisors and Field Engineers.
• Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in
proper functionality and minimum failures.
• Performs checks strictly, as per procedure, and according to the defined schedule.
• Modifies equipment in a timely manner and only in line with official modification releases.
• Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment.
• If required, repairs equipment at the wellsite.
• Participates in Root Cause Analysis of failures.
• Proficient in the use of RITE.NET and InTouch.
• Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately in RITE.NET.
• Uses RITE.NET to drive their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate and timely.
• Submits SMRs and SRs, as needed.
• Understands and helps drive the World Wide Service Quality Plan within the location.
• Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
• Reports honestly and accurately at all times
• Promotes the move to new technology, standardization and timely replacement of old
• Makes recommendations to supervisors on requirements for spare parts, test equipment and
tools necessary for efficient maintenance.
• Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
• Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
• Keeps Manuals and other confidential documents secure and in good order.
• Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
• Supports Management efforts to minimize general and REW-specific QHSE risks and promotes
respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
• Conducts unsafe act and hazardous situation audits / identification.
• Uses QUEST to report RIR and for follow up on action items.
• Continuously strives to optimize the safety and efficiency of maintenance procedures.
• Use appropriate PPE for position and job duties.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of Schlumberger and client information.
• Understands and actively participates in HSE events .
• Takes an active part in the Location Loss Prevention Team.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of college/ university education in Electronics is required (Associates or Bachelor's degree)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in maintenance involving oilfield tools; experience maintaining Wireline or MWD/LWD tools is preferred
• Understanding electronic and hydraulic circuits
• Ability to investigate and troubleshoot tool failures and identify the root causes.
• Good computer skills
• Good communication skills
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.