Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
DESIGN ENGINEER II
Works independently and within a team across departments to assist with problem solving while maintaining customer focus. Completes assignments and projects of increasingly larger scope requiring knowledge of concepts, methods, and application of engineering principles and maintaining a high level of integrity and safety awareness. Ongoing training includes development of new engineering skills related to learning procedures and methods in the design, manufacturing, testing and operation of oilfield explosives and mechanical hardware as well as deployment of perforating systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Expected to apply creativity and innovation to the research and development of new products from conception through production.
- Product development activities include conceptual development of new and improved products as directed by engineering management in response to customer and industry requirements.
- Perform engineering calculations and thorough analysis of components and systems per approved engineering standards.
- Responsible for creating testing procedures and test requests. May include direct involvement with testing programs and related personnel.
- Guide and assist interdepartmental support which may include technical problem solving within the manufacturing, quality, and safety departments. Investigate product non conformances and engineering change requests and implement changes if necessary.
- Advise and assist customers on a technical level during development, production, and operation of customer specific tools and/or applications.
- Perform minimal drafting duties (or may request/assign drafting duties) in preparation of new or revised drawings, artwork, and updating and archiving of engineering documents. Preparing layouts and drawings according to engineering specifications.
- All duties and functions to be performed within time parameters as set by departmental and project requirements. A professional attitude should be prevalent representing an eagerness to learn and strong customer awareness.
- Apply and possess basic and increased technical knowledge of products, materials, processes, and procedures to provide manufacturing and internal support. Responsible for assisting the development of product lines and provide assistance to other members of the engineering department. A moderate to low level of supervision and training is required to fulfill job responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering degree plus relevant experience (prefer 2 years related experience) OR Graduate level Science/Engineering degree.
- Education must meet eligibility requirements for registration as a Professional Engineer (as specified by the local state or provincial Board of Professional Engineers). Completion of various design and drafting courses including experience and/or training in the use of computer aided design software and engineering analysis software. Experience and/or training with Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, and Cosmos preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence and technical documentation. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to conduct presentations to intra-company, customers and management .
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The employee will have a daily involvement in the assembly and testing of tools. Reasonable physical strength and aptitude is required to lift tool assemblies and test equipment including concrete targets and perforating guns. (Need to indicate minimum and maximum poundage lifting requirements.) Further strength and aptitude is required to use a variety of power and hand tools. The operation of equipment is essential to job including powered industrial trucks and explosive assembly equipment (training will be provided). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee will be mainly in an office environment with regular exposure to manufacturing and testing facilities containing presses, lathes, mills, etc. The employee will have daily exposure to explosive materials, various metals and chemicals used in the manufacture of oilfield explosives products. There may be occasional exposure to various weather conditions (in the case of field or outdoor testing).
- The job description here is representative of one that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.