The CP professional will be responsible for the management and execution of the overall Category Management and Contracting Process activities for Major Projects.Principal Accountabilities:
Develop commercially competitive Contracting & Procurement strategies for Major Projects within the Storage & Handling portfolio, which meet business requirements while taking into account implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.HSSE -
Support Goal Zero aspiration through robust Contractor Safety Management practices (i.e. Construction Site Safety) and alignment to Shell's personal and process safety focus areas.Business Interface
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. Supplier Interface -
Manage Supplier Relationship effectively, and collaboratively drive performance improvement guided by relevant performance key metrics (E.g. HSSE, Operations, and Cost). People
- Builds effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within immediate team.Process
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, with full utilization of SAP Ariba, using a commercial mindset, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and/or Engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years Contracting and Procurement experience.
- Proven experience in Contracting and Procurement in Oil and Gas, to include Maintenance or Engineering related scopes (Mechanical, Civil, EPCM, Construction, etc)
- Comprehensive technical background is highly desirable.
Key skills of interest;
- Contracting/Sourcing Strategies (Category Management)
- Contracting/Sourcing Execution (RFI/RFP/RFQ)
- Post Award Contract Management/Supplier Performance Management
- Contracting & Procurement for Projects
- Project Management
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.