Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
Skills: Cost Engineer, Project Controls, Supply Chain Management
Other Skills: Commercial Management, Contracts Engineer, Budget / Cost Control, Project Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: 130,000 - 145,000
Location: Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Strategic Sourcing Manager leads strategic sourcing and supplier management activities for capital and construction projects across the Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation (MIC) operating companies, with the goal of improving quality and service, meeting project schedules, mitigating risk, and achieving significant reductions in total cost of ownership (TCO). Works closely with key stakeholders in business lines, corporate functions and supplier organizations to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. This position will typically be responsible for $50-100 million in annual spend.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Partner with key business stakeholders to develop and implement sourcing strategies for key spend areas and projects to drive improvements in quality, service, TCO and schedule
- Lead the sourcing, negotiations, contracting and procurement process for assigned spend categories and projects
- Lead the process to select and manage suppliers, including supplier qualification process, risk assessment and mitigation, supplier performance management, and governance leadership for large, complex contracts
- Drive productivity improvements and use of leveraged agreements where appropriate
- Measure and track performance within each project and define budgetary impact
- Monitor strategy implementation, contract compliance and customer satisfaction
- Develop an expertise in assigned spend categories, including cost/market drivers and risk factors
- Drive best practices across all MIC operating groups for assigned spend categories and projects
- Provide assistance to MIC's acquisition and growth strategies by completing due diligence and integration activities for assigned spend categories
- Work with MIC subject matter experts (ex: Legal, Risk, Tax) to resolve contractual issues
- Incorporate safety into daily work ethic, initiative leadership and supplier management process
- Uphold all internal and external policies, regulations and law Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS / BBA / BA required, MBA preferred
- Successful, multi-year track record in supporting capital and construction projects; experience in midstream preferred
- Exceptional business acumen, with broad-based knowledge of sourcing, procurement, contracting and supplier management processes and technology
- Distinctive Change Leadership - ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization; willing to challenge "conventional" thinking, but well respected by business leaders
- Effective teaming - leads and motivates cross-functional teams
- Extremely strong process orientation and demonstrated Continuous Improvement skills
- Excellent analytical capability; capable of leading complex negotiations and performing financial, technical, commercial and performance evaluations of suppliers
- World-class supplier relationship skills; continuously, but constructively, demanding of supplier performance
- Passion for improving quality and reducing costs - enthusiasm for driving optimum business outcomes
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity; ability to manage confidential information
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment, but will also involve exposure to operational and industrial settings. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Travel required of this position will be moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some mobility in operational and industrial environments is required. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, stand, stoop or walk as necessary.