Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Casper, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position will office out of Anadarko's Denver, CO location or Casper, WY and will be part of the Wyoming/Utah Regulatory and External Affairs team. In this role, the individual will be primarily responsible for coordination of state permitting efforts in Wyoming, assisting with federal permitting in Wyoming and proactively engaging with directly affected Stakeholders in the Powder River Basin.
- A minimum of 4 years of upstream oil and gas industry regulatory experience is required; experience in the state of Wyoming is strongly preferred.
- A functional understanding of local, state and federal regulatory programs related to upstream and midstream oil and gas development activities.
- Must be able to effectively interface with a wide variety of people, both internal and external to the company, and communicate effectively through both written word and verbal delivery.
- Ability to manage one's time, set priorities and manage a heavy workload with critical deadlines is required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are required.
- A willingness to lead, take initiative and increase technical and working knowledge.
- Must possess organizational skills and subject matter expertise sufficient to provide full regulatory support for State/Federal permitting responsibilities.
- A proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience using ArcGIS and associated software is preferred.
- Help lead / project manage state permitting and extension efforts in Wyoming, Utah and some parts of Colorado.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines within the company to compile information required to file necessary extensions, new permits and other necessary filings with the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and the Bureau of Land Management.
- Prioritize and organize workload based on planning and operations schedule.
- Maintain database to identify regulatory requirements and inform time-sensitive notifications for assigned projects.
- Ability to work across disciplines to assist the Regulatory and External Affairs team and the business unit in a variety of projects.
- Ability to communicate regulatory requirements and practices to internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with agency rules and regulations.
- Ability to represent Anadarko at state and federal agency interactions.
- Ability to keep business unit staff and managers updated on permit statuses, milestones, challenges and articulate potential changes to agency policies, rules, and regulations. Organize and maintain reporting tools to keep management and peers regularly apprised of same.
Interest and ability to engage in stakeholder relations, including facilitating internal coordination with operational and planning team members, to influence the way we plan and operate and communicate with stakeholders appropriately concerning plans of development.
Ancillary job duties may include coordinating and hosting annual community type meetings, advocacy efforts, documenting Stakeholder interactions via database entry/management, managing feedback/survey response data, and facilitating projects with other external-facing departments (Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Planning, Graphics, etc.).
External engagement (face-to-face, presentations, facilitation, negotiation), in Cheyenne, Douglas and Casper as necessary.
Work with team on Social Investment, volunteerism and maintaining Social License To Operate
A Bachelor's degree is required.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
This position may be eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.