Skills: Engineering Technician, Workover or Completion
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is within the Permian Completions organization. The successful candidate will provide technical and operational support for completions and well service projects. The focus of the role includes the use and support of WellView and other database tools; and the collection, analysis, and presentation of engineering and operational data from a variety of sources. It may occasionally be necessary to travel to field locations for short periods of time to provide WellView support and training, or to provide operational supervision and support. Depending on the candidate's experience and interests, the primary assignment could focus on WellView support, on operational and engineering support, or a combination of these two aspects of the job.
- Application of WellView and ancillary tools
- Setting up wells and jobs within WellView in coordination with project drilling and completion engineers; monitoring and performing QA/QC of daily WellView data for anomalies; and, assisting engineers and location supervisors with data collection, correction, and consistency.
- Creating data queries and reports using WellView, WellView Data Warehouse, and various database and analysis tools to assist personnel in analyzing WellView information; creating custom reports designed for data quality verification and information sharing; and, performing data mining and preparation of engineering presentations using WellView and other data sources.
- Providing training to personnel in the use of WellView; trouble-shooting WellView problems; identifying WellView design and enhancement opportunities.
- Supporting Completion projects by gathering, formatting, and analyzing engineering and operational information from internal and external sources; performing routine engineering calculations and analyses, and reporting results to project engineers; creating and maintaining spreadsheets and files; and, generating presentations, graphs, and reports for use by engineers and Management.
- Collecting, preparing, and critiquing data for projects and reports; performing routine database queries and creating data subsets for analysis; creates project records and databases including well diagrams, schedules, installation reports and lessons learned documentation, monitoring project performance metrics in order to compare actual versus forecast data and reporting variances.
- Monitoring day-to-day Completion site activities; assisting with project scheduling; periodically witnessing tests and performing equipment QA/QC supervision and reporting.
- Assisting in preparation of budget/AFE estimates and supporting cost control efforts by gathering and preparing analytical data that support each.
Education: Associates degree or higher required. Math, Data Analytics or similar degree/experience preferred.
Experience: Completions or operations experience/knowledge required. Previous experience with Spotfire and WellView preferred.
Computer Skills: Demonstrated skill with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with working knowledge of Project and Access. Navigational experience in SAP preferred.
Communication: Must have excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and planning & organizational skills.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Not Applicable || || 29827 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.