Skills: Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
: NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is seeking a Corrosion Technologist/Engineer in Lloydminster, AB. This will be a 12 month contract role starting ASAP with possibility of extension or conversion to staff.
The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours with some travel required.
The individuals MUST be local to the Lloydminster area as no LOA or camp is available.
The main function of the Contract Corrosion Technologist/Engineer is to provide technical support to the Heavy Oil and Gas business unit in corrosion monitoring and mitigation programs, with specific reference to internal corrosion for upstream pipeline systems.
- Post-secondary degree in engineering or technical diploma related to corrosion or materials sciences
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing corrosion monitoring and mitigation programs for upstream pipeline systems and/or heavy oil treatment facilities
- 2 to 5 years of experience conducting corrosion evaluations and failure analyses of pipelines, piping and other equipment
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas industry and corresponding corrosion management strategies
- Thorough understanding of corrosion basics including cathodic protection system
- Experience Identifying pipeline integrity threats and mitigate risks by completing corrosion evaluations
- Experience implementing and/or managing chemical treatment for water
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards
- Familiarity with government regulations and industry standards, specifically around pipeline and equipment integrity
- Licensed professional engineer in Alberta or Saskatchewan
- Relevant NACE certifications (i.e. Corrosion Technologist, Internal Corrosion Technologist, Cathodic Protection Technologist)
- 2 to 5 years of experience of working in the oil and gas or chemical process industries.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.