Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job title: Mechanical Foreman
Ref No: 13441
Project: BP Clair Ridge
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: 4/3/2019
WorleyParsons are currently looking to recruit a dynamic individual to join our supervision team on Clair Ridge.
Purpose / Role
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent mechanical supervisory construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Key aims and objectives
- Supervision and co-ordination of mechanical fitters and materials
- To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the mechanical workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
- Completion of probationary evaluations and assessments in accordance with WorleyParsons competency assurance system
- Manage Fire Pump and Sea Water Lift pump installation.
- BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
- 4 year apprenticeship or NVQ level 2 equivalent
- City and Guilds in mechanical engineering/fitting and assembly or NVQ level 3 in associated trade
- Demonstrable experience as a mechanical fitter
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory/foreman position in a mechanical role
- Demonstrable offshore experience as a mechanical foreman.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Demonstrable commitment to safety
- Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
- Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
- Confident, ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
Competencies - technical
- Ability to read/understand procedures/specifications/drawings/etc in particular those pertaining to the mechanical workscope.
- Ability to complete the certification requirements as applicable to the mechanical workscope.
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).