Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our QSHE Team based in Norwich where you will play a key role in ensuring the business remains compliant with all relevant statutory provisions, codes and standards and good practice.
Reporting to the Technical and operational Safety Lead, this position has responsibility for providing advice and coaching to operational locations to ensure the requirements of policies, procedure and processes are implemented and followed up with a level of auditing and monitoring to ensure their continued effectiveness.
The role will provide day-to-day coaching and advice to Operations, Well Operations and other onshore support functions. As well as assuring compliance with Perenco policies, procedures and processes, this role also supports these departments in terms of facilitating risk reviews/assessments, providing input to QSSHE Plans and supporting audits of contractors and service providers.
Additionally, this position may also have line responsibility for site based Medic HSEAs or Project HSE Advisors, to provide day-to-day support, guidance and coaching.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain awareness of relevant statutory provisions, codes and standards and good practice as they relate to health and safety and ensure any requirements are effectively complied with through the implementation of Perenco's internal policies, procedures and processes - making adjustments to these as required
• Provide HSE Leadership at all times when on site or whilst supporting other departments in the effectively execution of Perenco's internal policies, procedures and processes. Develop a programme of visits to operational sites. Promote the Perenco PROTECT ethos at all times
• Provide support to other members of the QSSHE Team during peaks of heightened activity to ensure effective delivery of compliance with Perenco policies, procedures and processes and maintain a sufficient level of HSE Leadership
• Provide support, coaching and advice to site based Medic HSEAs to ensure the effective implementation of Perenco policies, procedures and processes
• Provide support (advice, coaching or facilitation) to the other departments in the form of risk reviews/assessments, decision making, contractor/service provider selection, inputting to QSSHE Plans, onsite assurance etc.
• Work to resolve issues with Perenco policies, procedures and processes to ensure there effectiveness. Act as a conduit for continuous improvement
• Provide support and coaching during incident investigations to ensure direct, indirect and root causes of incidents are effectively identified and SMART actions generated to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence
• Ensure effective sharing of lessons learned throughout the business
• Participate in TRM, Risk Assessment, HAZID and HAZOP workshops as required for onshore and offshore facilities during the design, construction, operations, commissioning and decommissioning phases
• Review and evaluate plans and procedures developed by Contractors to eliminate, control or mitigate potential health and safety hazards
• Ensure adequate assurance processes (inspections and audits) are undertaken of all operational sites (including onshore support centres and NUIs) covering the full range of health and safety standards, guidelines and procedures
• Provide advice on any specialised PPE requirements
• Provide support to Safety Engineers in the execution and delivery of Safety Case/COMAH updates and the program of 5-yearly Thorough Reviews
• Work with the Occupational Health Advisor to ensure Medic HSEAs maintain the required levels of competence needed to fulfil the diverse range of skills required.
• Work with the Environmental Lead/Advisors/Graduate to identify opportunities for monitoring environmental performance during site visits
• Provide input to (and support delivery of) QSSHE Plans and Programmes
• Coordinate health and safety campaigns to improve knowledge and understanding of operational / work related hazards and risks and compliance with relevant internal processes and procedures
• Liaise with relevant Regulatory Bodies (particularly HSEx) on health and safety matters and assist with planned Inspections, including follow-up and closure of actions
• Seek ways of further developing skills and knowledge base to support the business
• Participating (from time to time) as an incident investigation team member and/or providing environmental advice to other investigation teams
• Providing support to the SNS Emergency Response Arrangements
• HND/Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety(either NEBOSH or NVQ)
• Understanding (or relevant qualification/training) in offshore legislation
• 5 years+ Experience in Oil & Gas Industry
• Ability to interact, present to, and negotiate with senior management on QSHE issues
• Ability to manage regulatory relationships
• Good leadership skills with the ability to guide site-based Medic HSEAs on matters of Health and Safety
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to present articulately to a variety of forums and through a variety of mediums.
• Drive to champion Health and Safety for the business, including influencing management on key topics.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision