Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Raeburn Group are recruiting for a Senior Reservoir Engineer on behalf of our client, a major Oil & Gas Operator. This is a permanent role based in Aberdeen.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
- Lead the design, maintenance and history matching of fit-for-purpose dynamic reservoir simulation models for various operated and non-operated fields. Utilise classical reservoir engineering techniques such as material balance and decline curves as appropriate to support the models.
- Identify and drive opportunities for reserves progression and increased production from the assigned producing assets, with a view to maximizing value and reserves for the company.
- Assess opportunities for future infill wells, workovers and near-field exploration targets and prepare well recommendations and AFEs as appropriate. Update and document the opportunity hopper regularly.
- Perform (and/or manage) relevant Reservoir Engineering studies (e.g. PVT, core, well test) where required.
- Work as an integrated team member with geoscientists, drilling, and production engineers to plan and design development wells, monitor well tests and field performance and optimise production.
- Active participation in relevant external reviews (e.g. OGA), JV meetings and other ad-hoc technical meetings, representing the company as operator.
- Develop production and reserve booking profiles for input in to business unit report, CAD and year end reserves.
- A degree in Engineering or a related discipline. Preferably a post-graduate qualification in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
CANDIDATE PROFILE (INCLUDE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES, BEHAVIOURS):
- Extensive experience as a Reservoir Engineer with an E&P Operator working on a broad range of operated development and production projects. Preferably both oil and gas fields.
- Substantial experience in dynamic modelling, history matching and sensitivity analysis using Eclipse (or similar) software.
- Track record of proactively proposing and implementing successful reservoir management recommendations.
- Experience and detailed understanding of well operations, well tests and completions.
- Up to date working knowledge of technical software including Eclipse, Petrel, Petroleum Experts (GAP, PVT, MBal etc.) analytical tools and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with hydrocarbon resources estimation and reporting.
- Ability to work within the framework provided by company investment guidelines; appraise, concept, select, define and execute.
- Good understanding of drilling and production operations.
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Able to establish technical credibility in order to gain the respect of peers, supervisors, and external third parties. Ability to develop practical solutions to problems and gain agreement with senior managers in the BU, corporate and function.
- Ability to manage confidential information with appropriate sensitivity.
- Ability to succinctly articulate risks and uncertainty in complex scenarios.
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- The above is intended to provide a description of the ACCOUNTABILITIES of the role. Duties and responsibilities attached to roles may change from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.