Shell Pipeline business is seeking students currently enrolled in, or recent graduates to fill an intern position. It is important to note that interns will be employed by a contract company and will not be considered as Shell employees during the internship period.
The purpose of the Electrical Technician Internship is for students to learn Shell's Pipeline business through mentoring, conversation, observation, and demonstration. During the program the selected intern will gain the experience outlined below and participate in the following:Operations Experience
- Attend a Shell Pipeline orientation class
- Follow and observe a variety of technicians as they complete daily operations
- Review the procedures for completing a work permit
- Review Maintenance Execution Process assurance and Shadow a technician following the process
- Work with technicians to perform preventative maintenance
- Fill out a notification in SAP- Proper documentation of work executed via SAP systems
- Review the applicable Manual/Standards and shadow a technician following the inspection procedures
- Engage with the Control Center while shadowing a technician performing maintenance to ensure no nuisance Priority One alarms
- Cost management: Receive exposure on and education on how cost management works. Draft cost estimates and for recurring work to keep costs within established budgets
- Facilitate a team meeting
- Make a safety presentation
- Conduct regular interfaces with Engineering, Craft Support Team and Operations personnel
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
To be eligible for the internship, you must
have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and
- be within 12 months of earning a degree from an accredited Instrument/Electrical Technology program, or
- have earned your degree within 6 months prior to the internship start date
In addition to the academic requirements listed above, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation ?
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair and oral drug testing
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.