The successful candidate for the Emergency Response Advisor will be part of the Technical Safety team within the larger Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) organization and will have the opportunity to manage Emergency Response plans and procedures across all Shell Trinidad and Tobago Ltd. facilities (including offshore assets).
Other accountabilities include:
- Maintaining and supporting the Emergency Response and Incident Management Organization, as well as emergency notification and response processes.
- Maintaining and updating Shell Trinidad and Tobago Ltd. spill preparedness and medical response plans/procedures in compliance with national guidelines.
- Establishing Business Emergency Response centers.
- Managing Emergency Response equipment selection and maintenance.
- Coordinating with relevant authorities and industry groups, including Mutual Aid Groups which provide additional support during emergency situations.
- Leading exercise programs to test Emergency Response Plans and Procedures.
- Leading and establishing training program for all individuals involved in the Company's Incident management process and Emergency Response Team members.
As one of the world's leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world's growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff. Shell has been active in Trinidad for a century. Our business activities in Trinidad include exploration and development activities, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and providing high technical support to a state company.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavor to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.Requirements
- Must have legal right to work in Trinidad and Tobago.
- At least 6 years of Emergency Response Management related experience preferably in the Exploration and Production industry.
- Bachelor's degree or Technical equivalent required.
- Must be open to travel to Shell Trinidad and Tobago Ltd. assets/facilities.
- Prior experience with HSE training and coaching preferred.