Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Severance Tax Representative located in Houston, TX Texas/United States through February 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 398565
The Severance Tax Representative coordinates with various internal Chevron teams to identify severance tax incentives and deductions to reduce overall severance tax liabilities for Chevron's U.S. oil and natural gas exploration and production business units. The Tax Representative will have an understanding of the mechanics of severance taxes on a multistate basis; be able to research tax incentives; assist in the resolution of severance tax audits; and have strong skills in accessing and analyzing financial and production data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs fieldwork at client sites to review support documentation necessary to substantiate incentive applications and refund claims, including company operated and non-operated wells.
- Analyzes and calculates effective tax rates on production volumes by field.
- Conducts review of tax returns prepared by Houston Financial Shared Services team.
- Gathers data and performs detailed calculations, such as netback calculations and post-production costs.
- Assists Houston Financial Shared Services team with data to prepare refund claims.
- Assists Houston Financial Shared Services team and Office of State and Local Tax Counsel with audit support, including review of audit workpapers.
- Stays abreast of regulatory and legislative changes and communicates potential implications to Chevron stakeholders.
- Researches and analyzes state severance tax issues and assists with drafting client and management communications.
- Participates as Chevron representative in industry severance tax organizations, working with Government Affairs and Tax Management to ensure properly focused advocacy for Chevron's positions.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline work flow.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 3+ years of Property or Severence Tax related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Oil and Gas Revenue Accounting process
- Demonstrates knowledge of Oil and Gas operations and equipment
- Demonstrates skills to perform complex calculations, analytics, and research
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel 25% as needed.
- Proficient with SAP and PRA accounting systems, UBW, Excel, and MS Access.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments may will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.